Monday, July 7, 2008

DHL Balloon

Went up to the DHL Balloon at Bugis for me and xuan's 3rd year anniversary. Because the DHL Balloon would stop services at the current Bugis area in August 2008, we decided to pop by there before we don't have any other chance to do so.




The DHL Balloon is situated at an open area behind the 7th Storey Hotel, opposite Bugis Junction and also across the street where Happy Pay Steamboat is.





Initially, we wanted to take flight at about 5, however, because of the strong winds, flights had to be suspended as it would be dangerous. In the end, we managed to get up the balloon for the 1940 flight, after a trial flight had deem flight services to be safe enough to resume. Perhaps to be safe, before going for the ride, it is better to call up the DHL Balloon place to check on the weather conditions.


While I was kind of excited to be on some hot air balloon for the first time in my life, I was a little disappointed about the views that unfolded before our eyes. 20 storeys above ground level. Hmmm. Not really interesting. Haha. One reason is maybe buildings in Singapore are not really well decorated with dancing neon lights and bright billboards, like those I see on tv and in movies.



Another reason is probably I'm more of a nature person, than an infrastructure person, so I thought the view was so-so. If I were to pay $23 for such views in a 10min ride, I guess I rather save that $23. I wonder if the Singapore Flyer would more or less be the same.


But nonetheless, I thought it was quite romantic la, hanging in the sky under the moonlight. For people like kakasea and yogi, if u guys read this, probably you can bring your girls up there and *you know*. They have no where to run. Wahahahaha.

Guys, you have up till 31st July. Act fast.

No comments: