Thursday, October 2, 2008

Shortlisted Photo Entries

Making use of the Hari Raya public hoiliday, I took on a trip to the Singapore Botanic Garden to get some inspirations for my photo competition. While there were some flowers which I rarely see them around, most of the flowers and plants in the Botanic Garden were ubiquituous. I guess one cannot expect much from a tropical country like Singapore. Or probably I had too high expectations of getting good flora shots.

Nonetheless, I felt it was one good trip to embrace nature and escape from the fast-paced, stressed work environment. Taking about 2 hours to cover the entire Botanic Gardens, from the Tanglin Core to the Bukit Timah Core, I managed to get some photos, which I thought were not as good as what I already had taken before. Shucks. I NEED INSPIRATION!!!

After sieving through the photos in my hard-disk, I have shortlisted the following 3 photos, which i thought were the best among my collection. Ha. Well, do feel free to comment, if there's actually people reading this. Oh, and the star-shaped flower is one that I have never seen before, and I thought it looks cute.

   

Addition: 3 more pictures for consideration


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey the 2nd and esp the 3rd pic looks good~ the lighting in the 4th is quite dark though.

And ya, i tink the pics in ur prev post looks nicer. i tink it has to do with the lighting, or maybe u can photoshop, adjust the brightness and contrast??

Anonymous said...

alrite... thanx for tat man. 2nd or 3rd pic shall be it, if i cannot get a better one.

by the way, cannot use photoshop to edit.. so, it's all abt the skills and techniques. haha

Anonymous said...

Your photos look pretty ordinary to me. *Pours cold water on you*

Anyway, if I have to choose one, I think the last photo (Is it morning glory?) is the best. Mainly because it depicts flowers on a sunny day, so it matches the name "morning glory".

The red blooming flower is not bad too. The colour of the photo is brighter compared to the morning glory.

Beauty is subjective. Don't listen to others, just choose the one that you like most.

Anonymous said...

oh yar... you oso into photography... same as my bro.. if u interested.. can visit my brother blog at http://auroraresonance.blogspot.com/2008_03_01_archive.html
esp his posts from March to August... can share ideas for photography...

Anonymous said...

thanx for all the comments, gals.. a treat if i ever win something.. hoho..